The main goal of an online press release is to bring traffic to business website by using the right keywords in order to gain high ranking in Google and similar search engines. Keyword usage is critical to the success of every press release.
Basic Rules of Writing Press Release
- A brief and attention grabbing headline
- Start with date and location
- Use important keywords in first paragraph to grab attention
- Include Who, What, When, Why, and How in press release body
- Make it clean and straight to the point for journalists
- Keep it news worthy at all times
- Keep it short and write in 3rd person format, do not use ‘I’ or ‘We’
- Add an ‘About’ paragraph with contact details at bottom.