The e-catering service providers had requested the Railway Ministry to allow the services to resume in the trains. The Ministry of Railways has confirmed that e-catering services would be allowed to operate from the last week of January 2021 upon following the hygiene protocols.
This news has come after Manish Chandra, CEO and Founder, RailRestro, had written to the Ministry of Railways and IRCTC officials to permit the e-catering services in the trains.
RailRestro is an authorized e-catering partner of IRCTC. It has received confirmation from the Ministry of Railways and is set to operate from the last week of January 2021. RailRestro will be offering zero-contact food delivery in trains. This will help passengers enjoy their favourite food at their seat without any concern about hygiene.
Safety Rules Followed By Restaurant Partners of E-catering Providers
All the restaurants’ partners are directed to follow the safety guidelines placed by FSSAI along with the following:
- The body temperature of all the restaurant staff and delivery boys has to be checked several times during the day.
- Cooks would be permitted to prepare food only if their body temperature is below 99°F.
- Sanitization of kitchens daily at regular intervals.
- All the restaurant staff to use protective face masks and hand gloves in the kitchens.
Safety Rules for the Delivery Boys in Train
Apart from the restaurants, all the delivery boys of restaurants are trained and advised to follow the safety rules to ensure contactless food delivery in trains such as:
- Thermal screening of all delivery boys is mandatory.
- Use of ‘Aarogya Setu’ app is compulsory for each delivery boy.
- Contactless Delivery to ensure zero human contact.
- Wearing of face masks and hand gloves are mandatory for all delivery boys.
- Sanitization of delivery bags is mandatory after each delivery.
RailMitra provides food in trains with the help of RailRestro to ensure that you get food delivery in trains from trusted restaurants and IRCTC-authorized e-catering provider.
The process of ordering online food in trains is simple and easy to use with the RailRestro App. The food delivery app is available in both the Android and iOS version is used to serve approximately 10,000 varieties of food in trains across India. It is used by more than 5000 people to order food in trains daily.
This source of this story is the news agency, ANI
All-in-One Railway App – RailMitra
For the latest rail news and updates, you can follow Indian Railway News on RailMitra! Along with that, passengers can also use RailMitra e-catering app for food delivery in train and check the train schedule, PNR status and seat availability in train.