The latest update of NIST compliant named 800-171 has reached, alerted all, and is already gone. But the impact of the same is there. According to the complaint, you need to follow the trend of controlled information in technical and general terms in order to work as a defense contractor. This is not at all a differential factor for the contractors who are having a strong IT resource team with them. However, this is surely going to make a big difference for all those contractors, who are not mechanized with a strong IT team. What to be done by them in such a condition?
Here is the way out for all of them and secure their PII. Here are the 6 levels of doing so –
- Locate the CUI and find out the local storage units there in your system. This includes the cloud storage units of Onedrive and the Box settings too.
- Now is the time to differentiate the CUI files from the location from the other files that won’t come under the same category. This is will allow a smooth run of the NIST 800-171 Compliance.
- Now you will have to put the limit to the Cui files so that only the authorized staff of your company can access them. You need to also add expiration dates to the files.
- The fourth functioning level asks you to encrypt the files of yours to ensure better security to all those. These will enable the file-sharing through FTP and email, and you need to affirm that while encrypting your files.
- A monitoring tool is needed now as the NIST 800-171 compliant authority asks a monitoring tool that aids the owner or the contractor to monitor who is viewing the files and who is transferring them.
- The final step is to train the staffs who will be handling the same. The compliance gadget norms state the number of employees who must be well equipped to handle these sorts of properties.
- Now you can say that you are not fit to handle all these things and so there is a need to mention that Ariento.com is there is assist you in the full process.
Data Breach | Managed Cyber Security Services – Ariento