What are the cancellation rules for American Airlines tickets?
The type of ticket you purchase will be the main factor when canceling your booking with American Airlines. The founding members of the One World Alliance provide e-tickets as well as paper tickets for various flight classes. However, you can change or cancel your booking online. Some paper ticket routes may require a call or visit to an agent. According to the official website of American Airlines, you have one year, if you cancel your route, you want to use the loan for another flight. Here you can see how to cancel an American Airlines flight. You are entitled to compensation. If so, you will have to wait seven to twenty business days to receive the money.
How to cancel an American Airlines flight online?
Sometimes people have trouble with online flight cancellations, wasting more time than usual. To understand how it works, we’ve created a step-by-step process so that the next time you start cancel American airlines fight tickets, everything will be easier for you. Here are the steps:
- Visit the official website of American Airlines. Launch a web browser Visit www.aa.com
- Click on the “My Directions” tab, a window will open asking you to enter the six-digit booking certificate along with the guide’s last name.
- Provide relevant details as it exactly matches the booking details on your American Airlines flight.
- This will take you to the next page where it will give you the details of your current or previous route.
- Click on the “Cancel my booking” tab.
- If your flight is eligible for a refund, it will provide you with the details before requesting a cancellation.
- After initiating the cancellation, a confirmation email will be sent automatically at the time of booking. E-mail:
American Airlines flight cancellation policy is always in force for the convenience of passengers. If you cancel in accordance with American Airlines’ terms and conditions, you can claim a full refund for your booked US flight.
Read more about American Airlines Cancellation Policy