The global computer-aided designing (CAD) software market is predicted to reach a value of $18.7 billion in 2030, increasing from $9.3 billion in 2019, progressing at a 6.6% CAGR during the forecast period (2020–2030). The market is being driven by the rising usage of CAD software in the packaging industry and increasing adoption of the technology in the automotive industry.
On the basis of technology, the market is categorized into 3D software and 2D software. Between these two, the 3D software category accounted for the major share of the CAD software market in 2019. The 3D CAD software is widely being adopted because of the rising number of professionals in the designing field, majorly in healthcare, aerospace & defense, and automotive industries.
This software further offers a number of advantages over 2D CAD, such as improved product presentation and visualization. 3D CAD software aids in accelerating the deployment cycle of the product with optimization and virtual testing. The CAD software market is divided into arts, media & entertainment, healthcare, manufacturing, aerospace & defense, and automotive, when application is taken into consideration.
The healthcare industry is predicted to register the fastest growth during the forecast period, as with the help of the 3D CAD software, 3D models can be created from data that is acquired from medical images, including MRI and CT scans. The software is also being used for planned surgeries, majorly those involving the implantation of prostheses and medical devices.
This market research report provides a comprehensive overview of the CAD software market
* Historical and the present size of the CAD software market
* Future potential of the market through its forecast for the period 2020– 2030
* Major factors driving the market and their impact during the short, medium, and long terms
* Market restraints and their impact during the short, medium, and long terms
* Recent trends and evolving opportunities for the market participants
* Historical and the present size of the market segments and understand their comparative future potential