Killeen, TX/2020: Kids who have access to after-school activities are more likely to exhibit positive overall development and better academic performance. Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Texas offer a secure environment in which kids can explore and learn from a variety of interesting activities and programs. The club’s goal is to develop 21st Century Leaders.
The club aims to involve kids in a variety of activities from which they can learn and grow into empathetic, disciplined, efficient and responsible adults. The activities focus on social recreation, education, serving the community and health & fitness.
- Academic Success: The programs offered by the club include Career Launch, Diplomas to Degrees, DIY STEM, Image Makers, Money Matters, National Fine Arts Exhibit, Power Hour: Making Minutes Count, Project Learn, and Summer Brain Gain.
- Good Character &Citizenship: Youth are offered programs such as Goals for Growth, Junior Staff, Keystone Clubs, Million Members, Million Hours of Service, Torch Clubs, and Youth of the Year.
- Healthy Lifestyles: The club offers healthy lifestyle programs such as ALL STARS, Passport to Manhood, SMART Girls, SMART Moves (Skills Mastery and Resilience Training) and Triple Play.
Reasons To Choose Us
- The activities offered help in developing global skills.
- Provide mentoring, job shadowing and training activities.
- Transform kids into responsible and caring citizens who are likely to help those in need and also participate in the democratic process.
- Follow a project-based learning approach that comprises of one-week fun modules.
- Assist kids to develop higher-order thinking skills.
- Provide guidance on financial aid, financial management skills, and financial literacy.
- Provide guidance to teens for developing short-term and long-term goals.
- We help develop leadership skills.
- We help the youth in forming healthy relationships.
- Encourage community engagement.
- We encourage social interaction and physical activity.
- Use activities that are high-yielding such as leisure reading, writing activities, discussions with adults, playing educational games and assistance with homework.
For more information on the activities and programs organized at Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Texas, feel free to call at (254) 699 – 5808 or pay a visit at 304 W Ave B Killeen, TX – 76541. You can also log on to https://www.bgctx.org/