Microsoft Outlook is a free email service developed to make our email experience easier and more comfortable. It comprises primary email service features such as managing personal information, calendaring, manage tasks, contacts, and more. Many times, users have faced issues with Outlook’s functionality. They have claimed that Microsoft Outlook won’t open. If you’re receiving messages like “Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook Window.”, you can resolve such problems by applying the solutions mentioned in this blog.
STEPS TO RESOLVE OUTLOOK NOT OPENING
To fix Outlook 365 won’t open problems; follow the procedure mentioned in this blog. First open Outlook in safe mode then disable add-ins. Go back to Outlook and enable add-ins.
START OUTLOOK IN SAFE MODE
Various add-ins with Outlook can cause such issues, so open Microsoft in safe mode to temporarily runs Outlook without the add-ins. Follow the steps mentioned below to open Outlook in Safe mode.
- Open Start by click on the start icon placed in the taskbar of your computer
- Type run in the search and click on the first result labeled as ‘Run.’
- Enter Outlook/safe in the textbox and choose OK to run it
- Choose Profiles dialog box will open, accept the default setting of Outlook, and choose OK.
- Enter your password and choose to Accept to proceed
You can start Microsoft Outlook in safe mode to resolve Microsoft Outlook won’t open errors.
The next step is to disable the add-ins while Outlook is open in safe mode. Follow the steps mentioned below to disable add-ins on Microsoft Outlook.
- Click on the File option at the top-left corner and further select Options from the menu
- Locate Add-ins in the menu and click on it
- Ensure that the Manage box shows COM Add-ins at the bottom of View and manage Office Add-ins
- When the COM add-ins listing of your current add-ins opens, ensure the following thing
– Take a screenshot of the property sheet
– Under Available Add-ins list, manually record the title of every selected add-in listed
- Clear all selected boxes and click on OK
- Click on File again and then select Exit
The final step to Outlook 365 won’t open to repeat the process. You must follow the given process but check the entire previously checked box regarding the screenshot you took of all selected add-ins. Finally, restart your Outlook to see if it is working fine now. You can find more information in our other blogs.