A professional Toronto paralegal firm offers small claims, offences-traffic tickets, appeals, landlord, tenant issues and legal services in Whitby, Oshawa, Toronto and Surrounding, employment contracts, immigration and other services. Our in-depth knowledge allows us to successfully maneuver through the intricacies in filing claims and dealing with items associated with Ontario’s Small Claims Court Paralegals Toronto.
Those wish to file a Plaintiff Claim must know the following:
- Statute Barred- This means the plaintiff claim shall be filed within a certain period from the date of action, transaction, default of payment and date of breach of contract, etc.
- Jurisdiction- The Plaintiff Claim shall be filed at the geographical jurisdiction where the action took place. The Plaintiff Claim shall be filed where the Defendants live.
- Cause of action- The Plaintiff shall know the Cause of action, such as Breach of contract, Unjust enrichment, Unpaid wages, Unpaid account and Misrepresentation, etc.
- The Pleading must state the facts about the case in chronological order.
- The Plaintiff Claim must be clearly stating the demands of the Plaintiff, such as Damage claimed.
- The Plaintiff shall file the claim and serve the claim on the Defendant(s) within six months from the date issued.
- The Plaintiff shall execute the service as stipulated in the rules of the Small Claims Court.
- The Plaintiff shall file an Affidavit of Service.
- Should the Defendant(s) fail to serve and file the Defence within twenty days of the service? The Plaintiff may file noting in default.