Killeen, TX/ 2020: In an effort to spread awareness on safety measures that are essential for students both in and out of school, the Killeen Independent School District is organizing an event called, “Safety Week”. The school district organizes various events for the well-being of students.
The school district caters to over 45,000 students and comprises a number of elementary schools, special campuses, high schools, middle schools, an Early College High School and a state-of-the-art Career Center. It consists of a team of dedicated staff who focus on achieving the goals set out by the school district. It offers Stem Academies, dual enrolment courses, a Leadership Academy, advanced placement, International Baccalaureate programs, and Middle School Stem Academy.
Safety Week At KISD
- The Safety Week is being organized from January 27th to 31st.
- The aim of this event is to make students aware of different measures they can adopt to stay safe under unfamiliar circumstances.
- The Killeen ISD Safety Director (Charles Kelley) will refer to a “Safety Mindset”.
- The event will feature situations such as dangerous weather, suspicious people and other present-day dangers for kids.
- Every school in the school district is free to adopt an approach of its choice for the “Safety Week”.
- The coordinator of the event is Kim Lind, the Assistant Principal of Maude Moore Wood Elementary School.
- The event will include visits from emergency first responders such as the Killeen Police Department’s bicycle and motorcycle officers.
- Police officers will educate students on being vigilant amongst strangers, safely walking to and from school, observing laws while on the road, online safety and a variety of situations relevant to the present-day world.
- Firefighters will spread awareness about the dangers of tobacco, alcohol, and drugs in general.
- The event will provide an opportunity for students to bond with uniformed officers, understand their jobs and learn how to establish positive relationships with authority figures in the community.
- This event is open for all community helpers with valuable safety lessons for students.
For more information on the Killeen Independent School District or this event, feel free to call at (254) 336 – 0000 or pay a visit at KISD Central Office 200 N. WS Young Dr. Killeen, TX – 76543. You can also log on to https://killeenisd.org