Killeen, TX/2019: Including parents in school events and activities is a great way of conveying to them a child’s emotional, mental, intellectual and physical needs as per his stage of education. In an endeavor of bringing together parents and children to prepare them for the next academic year and engage in some fun activities together, Killeen Independent School District is organizing a Parent And Family Engagement Academy.
The school district provides educational opportunities to numerous students with the aim of helping them attain their maximum learning potential. It comprises of elementary, middle & high schools, special campuses, a career center and an Early College High School. A team of dedicated individuals is employed with a mission to achieve the school district’s educational goals. The school district offers dual enrolment courses, Stem Academies, International Baccalaureate programs, a Leadership Academy, Middle School Stem Academy and advanced placement to its students.
Parent and Family Engagement Academy
- This is the last Parent Academy Opportunity for the 2018-2019 school year.
- It will be held on Thursday, May 23, 2019 from 5:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at Jackson Professionals Learning Center (JPLC), 902 Rev. R.A. Abercrombie Dr., Killeen TX – 76543.
- A school-aged childcare check-in will be conducted on the same day from 5:00 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.
- The topics of discussion at the academy are as follows:
- Get Ready….Preparing Your Child for Next Year: Parents can request for grade-level specific information.
- Slide….No More! Beat The Summer Slump
- Moving On….Transitions At a Glance- SPED….All Ages, Birth to Adult
- Door prizes will be offered to selected parents among attendees.
- The event flyer can be downloaded from the official website of the school district.
Reasons To Choose The School District
- Superior learning opportunities
- Safe and orderly campuses
- Emphasis on extra-curricular activities
- Innovative, challenging and rigorous curricula
- Advancement Via individual Determination (AVID)
- Online parent and student resources
For more information on the Parent And Family Engagement Academy, feel free to call at (254) 336 – 0000 or visit Killeen Independent School District (KISD) Central Office, 200 N. WS Young Dr. Killeen, TX – 76543. You can also log on to https://www.killeenisd.org/