N-Propyl Acetate is a chemical compound also known as Propyl Ester, 1-Propyl Acetate, Propyl Ethanoate, 1-acetoxypropane, formed by the esterification of acetic acid and n-propanol. It is a volatile, colorless, highly flammable, toxic liquid with a fruity aroma. Propyl Acetate is miscible with most of the organic solvents and is also an active solvent for nitrocellulose, cellulose acetate butyrate, polyester, alkyd, and acrylic resins, but it is only sparsely soluble in water. Owing to these properties of n-Propyl Acetate, it has wide applications as a solvent in various industries including printing, paints, coatings, automotive, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, food and beverages, cosmetics and fragrances.
Get more information: https://www.chemanalyst.com/industry-report/n-propyl-acetate-market-612
N-Propyl Acetate comes in different grades including reagent and technical grade, agricultural and pharmaceutical grade, and optical grade. The N-Propyl Acetate market is bifurcated into Purity≥99.5% and Purity≥ 99.0%. The purity≥ 99.0% segment owns the leading market share of Propyl Acetate.
APPLICATIONS OF N-PROPYL ACETATE:
- Paints & Coatings: Due to its strong ability to dissolve organic and synthetic solvents and its tendency to thin other solvents, it is used in the manufacturing of Paints and Coatings.
- Wood lacquers: It has the capacity to dissolve a wide range of resins (e.g., cellulose nitrate, acrylates, alkyd resin), which also makes it extremely suitable as a solvent for wood lacquers and industrial finishes.
- Pharmaceuticals: It is used as an intermediate in the production of pharmaceutical compounds. It also acts as a germicide and is therefore used in sanitizers and disinfectants along with ethanol.
- Cosmetic / personal care solvent: Alkyl acetates are usually used as cosmetic ingredients, with a wide range of functions as fragrances, solvents, or skin-conditioning agents, depending on the specific ingredient.
- Fragrance solvent: It is also used as a solvent in perfumes and is found as an ingredient in aerosol sprays.
- Food and Beverages: It is also used as a flavoring additive because of its fruity odor, which is like pears.
- Printing inks: It is used as a solvent in printing inks mainly for flexographic and screen-printing inks which are prominently used in printing postcards, magazines, and cardboard containers.